I don't need a FitBit because I shovel manure all day (seems like) (literally), but what I do need asap is a ResistBit. If it isn't already in development, it should be.
Here's what I need it to do:
- Track my protest actions
- Tell me how close I am to meeting my action goals, how many more actions I need to meet my monthly/weekly/daily quota, etc.
- Provide action effectiveness feedback (e.g., scored 1-10, with one being an FB comment and 10 saving democracy)
- Suggest ways to improve every resistance action (e.g., "Next time, coordinate your efforts with local activists...and bring an umbrella.")
- Organize my resistance contacts network
- Provide Tinder-like associations among the resistance in my vicinity
- Alert me to actions taking place in my vicinity
- IMPORTANT: The ResistBit needs to be securely encrypted!
- Track my blood pressure and alert me when I need to stop thinking/reading/talking about politics before I have a stroke.
- In the event of a blood-pressure spike, immediately direct me to photos of cute animals and episodes of "Madame Secretary."
- Alert me if I am drinking/smoking/eating/sleeping excessively.
- Organize an intervention if it gets really bad.
- Put me on support-response lists so I can help my friends and family, too.
- Track the petitions I sign, and present new ones in order of priority
- Track and budget how much I donate to every branch of resistance
- When I am about to spend money frivolously, remind me that I could be putting that money to better use
- Prioritize my giving according to immediacy of need
- Field and respond to phone and email appeals accordingly
- Provide timely and accurate political news updates
- Triage coverage of POTUS to stridently avoid over-exposure
- Notify me of commercial interests (restaurants, department stores, etc.) that are non-toxic and Pro-Resistance, so I can give them my money--
- Likewise, alert me to toxic commercial interests so I don't give them my money
- Notify me of any toxic investments or credit cards I may have, and show me the easiest way to divest from them
- Keep up my morale.
- Make sure I'm aware of every victory of the resistance everywhere, however small.
- Inspire me with music, poetry, and quotes.
- Download books I should read and videos I should watch.
- Remind me to call my friends and tell them I love them.
- Always be optimistic.
Please hurry. Thank you.